recursivly traversing the windows registry

John Taylor john_taylor_1973 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 9 00:12:57 EST 2004

I want to visit each windows registry entry (or at least a large
number of them) and lookup the value for each entry.  I want to take a
snapshot of registry entries before and after I install software or
make changes to the system and see what changes were made to it.

My code works some of the time, but other times it does not return any
data for some paths/keys when it appears to have data according to the
regedit.exe program, on Windows XP and Python 2.3. Would someone mind
looking at my code to see what I am doing wrong?

http://www.fcs.uga.edu/~john/reg.py.txt

Thanks,
John Taylor