communicating with Java (from Python)

Harry George harry.g.george at boeing.com
Tue Feb 10 02:43:27 EST 2004

Max Ischenko <max at ucmg.com.ua.remove.it> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I want to communicate my Python application with the Java one.
> The most obvious choice is XML-RPC, but ... I wonder about something
> more pythonic and powerful, like pyro.
>
> Could you suggest something?
>
> Using Jython to be able to use pyro is not technically feasible.
>
> ... A scientist builds in order to learn; an engineer learns in order
> to build.
>       -- FRED BROOKS

There was a thread to this topic a few weeks ago and XML-RPC came up
as the best bet, even for on-the-same-box communication.

I'd really like to try JPE:
http://jpe.sourceforge.net/
When I tried to run it, I couldn't get the pieces to compile (it's
been a while so I don't remember details).

harry.g.george at boeing.com
6-6M31 Knowledge Management
Phone: (425) 342-5601