Is a win32 process running using the pid.

Tim Golden tim.golden at viacom-outdoor.co.uk
Tue Feb 3 08:54:43 EST 2004

[... snip crash and function details ...]

Oh my goodness! Perhaps I've misunderstood, but if
all you want to do is see if a process with a particular
id is running, it's got to be easier than that. I would
have thought that something would be possible using
win32process, although nothing jumps out at me.

Certainly you can do it using WMI. A naive function
would look something like this:

<code>
import wmi
c = wmi.WMI ()

def is_this_process_running (id):
  return len (c.Win32_Process (ProcessId=id))
</code>

Something slightly more sophisticated could use
a WMI event. Something like this, perhaps:
http://tgolden.sc.sabren.com/python/wmi_cookbook.html#watch_notepad

Sorry if I've misunderstood your intention. Hope it helps.
TJG

http://www.star.net.uk