pyAlbum

Premshree Pillai premshree_python at yahoo.co.in
Sun Feb 29 05:29:02 EST 2004

I too would prefer to create an album using
JavaScript. The reason I wrote the script was simple:

I had a folder with certain images in it. I wanted to
create an album of these images. That's all.

A sample album that I created (for an introductory
seminar on Python) is available at
http://www24.brinkster.com/premshree/python-seminar-210204/slides/pySlide1.jpg.htm

Thanks for the comments!

-Premshree Pillai
[http://www.qiksearch.com/]
[http://www.livejournal.com/users/premshree/]

 --- Matt Gerrans <matt.gerrans at hp.com> wrote: > A
good start -- a thumbnail view might be a nice
> enhancement.
>
> I worked on my own Python script to do something
> similar (except with the
> thumbnail page and having the prev/next be little
> thumbnails of the
> prev/next pictures instead of text), for a little
> while before it dawned on
> me that the whole thing could be done with a single
> page containing
> JavaScript.    Much as I prefer Python over
> JavaScript, that seemed a lot
> more sensible.  I still use a Python script with PIL
> to generate the
> thumbnail set (which isn't strictly necessary, as
> JavaScript can load all
> the images at full size and still scale them down
> and show thumbnails -- but
> it makes for better display performance and better
> looking thumbnails).
>

> --

=====
-Premshree