Funnying the From (was: OT: Recommended news reader?)

Bert Hyman bert at visi.com
Thu Feb 5 15:22:18 EST 2004

claird at lairds.com (Cameron Laird) wrote in
news:10257t58fdgvi67 at corp.supernews.com:

> I didn't know that "From:" *could* be customized through
> common configurations.  Does anyone know how to set it
> with trn(1)?

Does "trn" still post through the external "Pnews" program? If so,
you can edit your post before sending it to include a "From:" header
of your liking and the server ->should accept it.

The last time I saw it, Pnews was a Bourne shell program, so you
could find the copy on your system, copy it and change it any way you
like.

Bert Hyman | St. Paul, MN | bert at visi.com