wxWindows changes name

Anand Pillai pythonguy at Hotpop.com
Wed Feb 25 01:04:03 EST 2004

In the news article, it says that the Microsoft made a "polite request".
I dont think that they actually "threatened" Julian and Robin like they
did to that teenage boy. These guys are not teenagers you know :-)

It looks to me more like an agreement worked out between M$ and
Julian/Robin with some apologies from the M$ lawyers pleading
with them how much they need to defend the "Windows" and "Microsoft"
namespaces from being polluted by the big bad world out there.

They started with Lindows, went to Mike Rowe, now wxWindows,
now "Where do they want to go today" ?

Someone should direct the M$ lawyers to the new M$ ad being showed
on TV everyday these days. At least that will help them to get
"next big ideas" instead of worrying about namespaces.

-Anand