Bug in "sys.settrace" ??

Ben Finney bignose-hates-spam at and-benfinney-does-too.id.au
Wed Feb 18 20:32:29 EST 2004

On 18 Feb 2004 17:07:39 -0800, Lothar Scholz wrote:
> I use sys.settrace in my console application to stop any endless loop
> but in the following loop:
>
> a = 0
> while 1:
> 	a = a + 1

As presented, we can't know how you're using sys.settrace, nor how this
code relates to the rest of the program.

Please show a complete, minimal example that shows the behaviour you're
experiencing.  This will do a few things:

  - We'll be able to see what you're seeing, unless the problem is
    somehow dependent on your computer.
  - You'll cut away any code that doesn't relate to the problem (hint:
    keep cutting until the problem doesn't appear).
  - In reducing the problem to its essentials, you will gain more
    insight into what is actually happening, and possibly solve it
    yourself.

--
 \      "A society that will trade a little liberty for a little order |
  `\    will lose both, and deserve neither."  -- Thomas Jefferson, in |