[Stackless] Re: Stackless 3.0 for Python 2.3: new binaries

Christian Tismer tismer at stackless.com
Mon Feb 23 21:55:50 EST 2004

Bob Ippolito wrote:

> This is not an authoritative response, because I don't actually know,
> however here is my guess:

Good guess.

> But I must reiterate that I have no idea.. never looked at the IDLE
> source code, don't use IDLE, haven't been on python-dev long enough to
> notice if/when this happened... I have however run into these sorts of
> problems on my own plenty of times and solved them to various degrees
> (but have not written a full out RPC mechanism, though I would like to
> at some point if a good one doesn't yet exist).

I'm no IDLE or Tcl/Tk user, either. But I had Tcl problems,
before. What I really would hate is to have to build the Tcl
stuff and debug that.
What I'm probably going to try tomorrow is to disable all
pikcling extensions at all and see if it runs, then.
Then I will re-enable them, one after the other.
My guess is that something gets pickled because it shows
up as pickleable, through introspection.
Maybe a special case is hit again (like with cell objects)
that needs to use the ternary __reduce__ protocol. I don't know.

I need sleep.  ciao - chris