Parsers with Python

Daniel Carrera dcarrera at math.umd.edu
Tue Feb 17 10:18:07 EST 2004

Greetings all,

I am a new subscriber to this list, and a novice Python user.  Is this the
correct place to ask for advice on Python-programming?

I want to write a parser for BibTeX.  A BibTeX file is a collection of
entries that look like this:

@book {Daniel04,
   title = "My Title",
   publisher = {Some publisher Inc.},
   volume = 2,
   year  = 2004
}

Can anyone recommend a parser generator for Python?  I have been
programming for a few years, but I have never made a parser.  I only have
a vague notion of what a lexer and a grammar are.  Is there a resource
that you might recommend?

Thanks you for your time.

Cheers,
--
Daniel Carrera | No trees were harmed in the generation of this  e-mail.
PhD student.   | A significant number of electrons were, however, severely