[ANN]PyCrash 0.2 released

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Mon Feb 9 15:04:47 EST 2004

Carmine Noviello wrote:

> > Sounds great but... Why GPL (and not python)? It will prevent a lot of
> > us working grunts from using the module in the Commanie's code... And we
> > want MORE python!
> > my 0.5c
>
> I have chosen the GPL without any special reason: I know it and so I
> simply used it. I’m not a license expert: I write code, no contracts.
> However, my major intent is to contribute to python community with this
> tool: so, if the type of licence can be a problem for the end-user I’m
> ready to change it in the future.

The page at http://www.opensource.org/licenses/ can rapidly propel you
towards a better understanding of license issues.

In any case, I recommend the MIT license (on that page) as the simplest
way to "contribute to the python community" if you have no particular
desire to constrain the use of your code in any way (including, for example,
requiring things like "proper credit be given in the documentation" etc).

-Peter