Hi All, have a question

Paul Metzger pmetzger at bellsouth.net
Thu Feb 12 12:15:58 EST 2004

> If you type "python" in the command line, it opens the interpreter?
>
> If yes, you can put "#!/usr/bin/env python" in the first line
> of the script.
>
> And remember, in either case, the second line *must* be blank.
>
> PD: The "subject" field in the mail is to write the subject
> of the mail, ;)

That worked, now may I ask what the /env does? And what difference it makes
to it, since it works without it on 2 servers, and apparently has to have it
on one? The two that is works on are Mandrake 9.1 and the other is 9.2 which
is a bit buggy for my taste, but it's getting worked out slowly, that is the
only cause I can come up with.

Thanks for the help

Paul