[ANN] Atox 0.2 released

Magnus Lie Hetland mlh at furu.idi.ntnu.no
Sun Feb 15 19:01:07 EST 2004

In article <slrnc2vqsu.41h.mlh at furu.idi.ntnu.no>, Magnus Lie Hetland wrote:
>In article <2c60f0e0.0402141444.3d0b785f at posting.google.com>, Richard
>James wrote:
[snip]

Just an addendum about your suggested rating system -- it may well be
a good idea. Or at least some description of the level of support
(whether it be in the form of a formal rating or not). I guess few
projects could give any guarantees about the future, but a useful
description might be useful still.

Regarding Atox and Anygui: I have queried the Anygui developers, and
we'll see if it's realistic to get a 0.2 version out soon (even
though, I take it, you no longer have any need for that). In either
case, I have updated the message on anygui.org so it now clearly
states that it is unclear when (and if) there will be another release.

As for Atox, atox.sf.net (and the documentation and the future release
announcements) now contain the following message:

  Small print: Atox comes with no warranty of any kind. Also, even
  though the current version works well, and the project is currently
  (as per early 2004) being actively developed, there is no guarantee
  of continued support. What you see is what you get.

This is the way it has to be, as I am not paid to work on this and
have limited time (and, sadly, no time machine). Hopefully, the
explicit message will prevent anyone from being mislead in any way.

 - Magnus (not very enthusiastic about open source development at the
   moment)

--
Magnus Lie Hetland           "The mind is not a vessel to be filled,
http://hetland.org            but a fire to be lighted."  [Plutarch]