Python as replacement for PHP?

Bruno Desthuilliers bdesth.quelquechose at free.quelquepart.fr
Sun Feb 29 18:01:48 EST 2004

Bart Nessux wrote:
>>Bart, could you please back your (strong) assertions with at least one
>>argument ?
>>
>>AFAIK, there is a whole lot of python tools for web developpement
>

> The OP was comparing Python to PHP, not ZOPE to PHP.
Neither was I. There are *many* much more web developpement tools in
Python than just Zope.

> PHP by itself is a
> natural Web programming language, Python is not.

<lol>
How should I understand 'natural' in this context ?
</lol>

More seriously : what does 'natural Web programming language' means ?

> Google for dynamic DB
> driven programming tools... how may PHP returns vs Python returns are
> there?

And ? How does this make Python, I quote : "not even close to being
suited for this task."

>>The only points I see in favor of PHP are :
>>- it's a de facto standard, widely used, widely available, and well
>>established
>

> That's exactly right. That's my point. I meant nothing more.

Ho yes you meant more. I still wait for any serious argument to back
your claims that "Python is not even close to being suited for this
task." and that "considering another language " (than PHP) "for this,
(...) borders on stupidity".

Bruno