ANNOUNCE: Build 200 of the pywin32 extensions (win32all) available

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Sat Feb 7 17:39:10 EST 2004

Hi all,
   I have released a new version of the win32all extensions.  I have
also changed significantly the way I release them.

The significant changes to the build/release process are:
* These extensions are now built with distutils, and also distributed
using the distutils builtin binary installer - WISE is no longer used.
A huge thank-you to Thomas Heller for creating the initial distutils
script and for guiding me along the way.

* There is now a single build number for all supported Python versions.
  For example, the new build 200 is available for both Python 2.2 and
Python 2.3 (whereas previously one build number applied only to a single
Python version, even when the builds were otherwise identical)

* To mark this change in the way build numbers are managed, but to
continue to re-inforce this is a build number rather than a "version
number", the build number has jumped to 200.

* The installation name now reflects the SourceForge project name
(pywin32), and I will slowly start refering to these extensions as
either "the pywin32" or "the Python for Windows" extensions - the name
'win32all' will slowly drop off (PendingDeprecationWarning anyone? <wink>)

* Thanks to distutils, a source distribution is also released.

The change-log and downloads are available via the project's SourceForge
page:
	https://sourceforge.net/projects/pywin32

The direct link to the download page for this project is:
	https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=78018

All comments appreciated!

Regards,

Mark.