Interaction with two mouse

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Fri Feb 6 14:46:50 EST 2004

"Josiah Carlson" <jcarlson at nospam.uci.edu> wrote in message
news:c00ivu$k6q$1 at news.service.uci.edu...
> This may suggest that it is an operating system architectural limitation
> because no one wanted to answer the question, what would it mean for two
> mouse pointers to be wandering around the screen?

Given that I use my mouse alternately with both hands, I can easily imagine
having two distinguisable pointers that do different things.  In an editor,
one could select text, while the other selects buttons and menu operations.
In a game, one could move and attack chars while other operates peripheral
functions.  Not having to move the personnel pointer (and maybe lose
current selection) to open a building or log book could be quite nice.

Terry R. Reedy