Had Phyton suggested

Stefan Axelsson sax at csmisc72.cs.chalmers.se
Mon Feb 9 05:04:10 EST 2004

In article <ZWuVb.246007$I06.2735974 at attbi_s01>, djw wrote:
> Angry, no. But I don't think your advice is very sound. First, Python
> "compiles" to bytecodes much the way Java does. If Java does anything
> different, it is that it can employ a JIT compiler to speed up the
> execution of the bytecodes.

And if you are on the i386 platform and download the Psyco
(http://psyco.sourceforge.net) 'JIT' compiler, that difference
vanishes also. And Psyco can actually profile first, then JIT, which
is beyond the Java JIT.

I've used it extensively for a wxPython based project and it works
like a charm, speeding up the 'algorithmic' sections of my code to the
point where I didn't have to consider dropping down to 'C' to get the
responsiveness I needed.

Check it out. I give it two thumbs up.

Stefan,
--