Nostalgic instruction sequences (Re: Python Productivity Gain?)

Greg Ewing (using news.cis.dfn.de) wmwd2zz02 at sneakemail.com
Tue Feb 24 22:00:11 EST 2004

Delaney, Timothy C (Timothy) wrote:
> So you were setting memory location 0 to the address of 'ExitToShell' using Macsbug,

Or the built-in monitor that you got when MacsBug
wasn't installed.

A MacsBug command I remember using a lot on my
Mac Plus went something like

   DM DFFFFF1F

I can't remember the exact number. My only record
of it was written on a box of stick-on labels that
I kept, long after it was empty, in a strategic place
on my desk. Recently I threw it out, only remembering
its significance afterward. Not that it really mattered,
since it didn't work on any model later than a Mac
Plus anyway.

Oh, what did it do? Another virtual chocolate fish
is on offer for answering that...

--
Greg Ewing, Computer Science Dept,
University of Canterbury,