Why Python?

Qp qp at al.net
Sun Feb 29 22:27:17 EST 2004

Well, I'm new at it (started about 2 months ago in preparation for senior
design project), and the one thing I've seen that could be better is overall
documentation;  sometimes it is hard to find what you're looking for
(especially in libraries like Tkinter for GUI programming and Twisted for
network programming).  It's possible, just hard.

The good things I've noticed?  Well, to do what I've done so far in Java
would have taken at least 5 and probably more like 10 times the code I've
written.  A simple yet decent TCP chat server in about 30 lines of code is
something I never considered possible before looking at Python.

news:Xns949ECD7289AD6Todd7Nospampleasecom at 68.12.19.6...