debugging python COM server

Max Ischenko max at ucmg.com.ua.remove.it
Wed Feb 11 08:25:37 EST 2004

Hi,

I wrote a COM server in python to be used from ASP/IIS environment.
And I have very bad problem with it -- from time to time dllhost.exe
goes to 100% CPU and hangs...only iisreset helps.

I wrote the test script that opens a bunch web sessions to IIS and
reproduce this deadlock. The problem seems to be caused by some race
condition in a COM destruction trace.

The hard part is that I have no idea how to debug this situation. I
added a bunch of print stmts in my python code but they didn't help. May
be it is a problem in win32com (or my usage of it) but I can't be sure.

Are there any tips or trick?

Your help is very appreciated.