Best Beginner's Guide To Python?

Josiah Carlson jcarlson at nospam.uci.edu
Fri Feb 6 12:24:13 EST 2004

> When you say you must indent every line and then undent every
> line....are you using an editor that knows how to do a block
> shift-right and shift-left?  In emacs, you just grab the code with a
> sweep of the mouse and hit "C-c >" or "C-c <".  I haven't timed it,
> but it would be in the neighborhood of (and maybe faster) than
> inserting and deleting curly braces.

I've discovered one of the non-minor differences between an editor that
doesn't care about the user and one that does, is the ability to indent
and dedent blocks of code.  If the parent doesn't have that ability in
their editor, then the developer honestly doesn't care about the users
of the editor.

  - Josiah