Clearing IDLE's screen?

Mon Feb 9 16:13:07 EST 2004

Kurt B. Kaiser wrote:
> I have been planning on implementing an integrated Shell Clear
> capability in IDLE 1.1 which would truncate the Shell Text widget.
> Just re-opening the Shell window would probably move it on the screen,
> so that is not very attractive.
>
> The question for the list is, should Clear be orthogonal to Reset or
> should Clear also do a Reset?

It should be separate.  When I run something with a print spewing
far more information than I expected, I want to wipe the output.
I'd really like to just cut that part out, but clearing the text
buffer is good enough.  On the other hand, I often want to repeat
the commands I just typed with slight variations.  I really wouldn't
like to lose those just because I typed the name of a hopelessly
large array.

--
-Scott David Daniels
Scott.Daniels at Acm.Org