When things go badly in PyGC_Collect()

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Sat Feb 28 08:09:27 EST 2004

Paul Miller <paul at fxtech.com> writes:

> My real program has all sorts of custom C types, dictionary mangles,
> etc. I'm looking for clues as to what kinds of programming problems
> with my custom types could cause PyGC_Collect to go nuts.

Unfortunately, almost any problem can cause PyGC_Collect to go nuts!
It rarely turns out to be a problem with the cycle collector itself.

A debug build of Python is always a good thing to try in these
circumstances.

Cheers,
mwh

--
  This song is for anyone ... fuck it.  Shut up and listen.
                         -- Eminem, "The Way I Am"