A Python equivalent of cfengine?

Kent Tenney kent at springfed.com
Mon Feb 16 22:49:59 EST 2004

Peter Hansen wrote:

> Kent Tenney wrote:
>
>>Howdy,
>>
>>Any recommendations for automating
>>administrative tasks using Python?
>

> Yes, do it!  I strongly recommend Python for automating administrative tasks.
>
> (You might improve the question with a little more context if you wish better
>
> -Peter

My interest in this stems from doing a bunch
of installations of a package which requires
editing quite a few files, tedious and error
prone.

I'd like the convenience of being able to define
the edits in a script.

I was trolling for a response like;
"I've been building this great package which
allows scripting common configuration tasks
in this really clever and simple way ..."

For some reason I got the idea cfengine required
Perl scripting. Upon researching it to improve
my question with a little more context
I find it's not Perl-centric, it's
very well documented and complete ...

Nevermind.