mailing list problems?

Jeremy Hylton jeremy at alum.mit.edu
Wed Feb 18 15:13:45 EST 2004

On Wed, 2004-02-18 at 10:57, Gerrit wrote:
> Paul Prescod wrote:
> > I think that there are still problems. I don't believe I ever saw this post:
> >
> > http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2004-February/207714.html
> >
> > Gerrit, do you see the same problem?
>
> I haven't seem this message, either.
> But I do see a lot of messages coming through now, so it's puzzling.

The mail-news gateway was down for a few days.  During that time,
messages weren't flowing between mail and news.  Now that it's
restarted, there is a very large backlog of news messages to deliver to
the lists.  The messages appear to be getting delivered in the order
they were sent (which suggests this message won't arrive until after the
problem is cleared up).  We're about four hours behind real-time right
now, so things are looking pretty good.

Jeremy