Python as replacement for PHP?

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.com
Sat Feb 28 07:25:46 EST 2004

In article <2004022801225916807%bob at redivicom>,
Bob Ippolito  <bob at redivi.com> wrote:
>On 2004-02-27 23:00:44 -0500, claird at lairds.com (Cameron Laird) said:
			.
		[arguments against
		positions *I* certainly
		don't take]
			.
			.
>All that said, PHP is a good language for a beginner.  Lots of books
>are available that approach the subject from just about any angle, it
>is trivial to setup (you don't have to, you find some $5/mo provider to
>do it for you, or you buy OS X,), and is so underfeatured that you
>couldn't possibly be frightened by its syntax if it is one of the first
>few languages you've seen.  That doesn't mean it's a good language to
			.
			.
			.
"OS X"?  Panther, or Mac OS X 10.3, does build in an Apache--but
as near as I can tell, it's *not* one which includes PHP.  PHP
has to be installed explicitly.  Am I missing something?

I'm not ratifying the characterization of PHP as "underfeatured".
--

Cameron Laird <claird at phaseit.net>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net