Hello World with pywin

Thomas Heller theller at python.net
Tue Feb 17 11:52:15 EST 2004

"Dennis Reinhardt" <DennisR at dair.com> writes:

>> Can someone point me to Hello World examples with a Windows window,
>> some text, and one or two buttons. The Tk logo should not be visible,
>> so I suppose that I should use pywin or win32ui or something similar.
>
> I did a hello world using a browser window without a gui
> http://www.spamai.com/hello/hello.zip
>
> AFIK, this is the smallest working Python download at 382 K.

This 'program'

"""
import os
from ctypes import windll

windll.user32.MessageBoxA(None,
                          "Current directory is %s" % os.getcwd(),
                          "Hello from python", 0)
"""

can be run through py2exe and the result packed (after running UPX over
it) into a 433 k zipfile. It uses the python 2.3 dll, which is somewhat
larger than 2.2.

Thomas