**kw,**args what are these things ?

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Wed Feb 4 08:38:41 EST 2004

In article <mailman.1187.1075888777.12720.python-list at python.org>,
 <fowlertrainer at anonym.hu> wrote:

>I see these things in many sources, under wxPy:
>
>def __init__(self,params,**kw,**args)
>
>What are these parameters, and what's the meaning of the double * ?

First of all, when asking questions like this, please make sure to
cut'n'paste the text; I'm certain that isn't the code you were reading.

Second, read the docs.  Start with the tutorial section on functions:
http://www.python.org/doc/current/tut/node6.html

"The joy of coding Python should be in seeing short, concise, readable
classes that express a lot of action in a small amount of clear code --
not in reams of trivial code that bores the reader to death."  --GvR