building C modules in windows + Python 2.3 + cygwin

Marek 'Baczek' Baczyński imbaczek at poczta.no.onet.spam.pl
Thu Feb 5 15:20:40 EST 2004

On 2004-02-05, Andreou Giannis <gandreou at unipi.gr> wrote:
> Allthough it is possible to build modules in Python2.3.3 and distutils
> with cygwin,
> by running:
>     setup.py build --compiler=cygwin
> (after i created the libpython23.a)
> running:
>     setup.py install
> afterwards, complains about not building with msvs v.6,
> since my Python distribution is built with it.

python setup.py install --skip-build

Note that --skip-build should work in other places where it currently
doesn't/is ignored (bdist comes to mind, any workarounds for it except
bdist_wininst, which oddly works?)

> Is there a workaround for this problem?
> Can i simply copy the module file in the proper directory?

If it's a simple package, there shoulnd't be any problem with this.

--
{ Marek Baczyński :: UIN 57114871 :: GG 161671 :: JID imbaczek at jabber.gda.pl  }
{ http://www.vlo.ids.gda.pl/ | imbaczek at poczta fm | http://www.promode.org }