Python.h problem-> /usr/include/python2.2/longobject.h:48: warning: ISO C89 does not support `long long'

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Wed Feb 11 12:39:51 EST 2004

seberino at spawar.navy.mil wrote:
> However, I know in near future all Python
> integers will be of type "Python long" and there
> won't be "Python ints" anymore IIRC.

You might remember incorrectly, atleast with respect
to the time scale in which this is happening.

> I wonder if Python source will still use 64 bit ints then in
> implementation.

C ints and long longs have nothing to do with Python
ints and longs. A Python int is implemented with a C long,
and a Python long is not implemented with any primitive type
(instead, it is implemented as an array of C shorts).

In any case, Python will continue to use the PY_LONG_LONG
type even if Python ints would go away.

Regards,
Martin