CoInitialize error when using adodbapi

Ixokai usenet at ixokai.net
Mon Feb 9 14:05:08 EST 2004

Basically, adodbapi uses COM, and COM and threads require a bit of care,
apparently.  Your webkit thing may be using a thread to handle stuff.

import pythoncom
pythoncom.CoInitialize()
... code ...
pythoncom.CoUnitialize()

You need to call pythoncom.CoInitialize() once for each thread... theres
something about sys.coinit_flags = 0 (or 1) that may be nessecary but I
don't know what they mean precisely :)

--Stephen
news:c089rb$7cg$1 at hyppo.gu.net...