what is lambda used for in real code?

Reinhold Birkenfeld reinhold-birkenfeld-nospam at wolke7.net
Fri Dec 31 19:12:01 EST 2004

Adam DePrince wrote:

>> So, those are my thoughts on how lambdas are "really" used.  If others
>> out there have real-life code that uses lambdas in interesting ways,
>> feel free to share them here!
>>

> Lets not forget the "real reason" for lambda ...

I really hoped you would point out the _real_ reason for lambda...

> the elegance of orthogonality.

... but you didn't.

Everyone knows that lambda is there to help in one-liner contests and
code obfuscation.

Lambda is one of Python's very few instruments that assist in writing
code reaching Perl's unreadability, and as such it should be valued highly!

<big-evil-grin-wink>

Reinhold