Best GUI for small-scale accounting app?

Carlos Ribeiro carribeiro at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 15:28:28 EST 2004

On 20 Dec 2004 07:47:53 -0800, Paul Rubin
<"http://phr.cx"@nospam.invalid> wrote:
> Bulba! <bulba at bulba.com> writes:
> > "Your CherryPy powered web applications are in fact stand-alone Python
> > applications embedding their own web server. You can deploy them
> > anywhere you can run Python applications." - cool!!
>
> You might not really want a separate socket listener for each application.

You don't need a separate socket listener... CherryPy is fairly easy
to work with, and very pythonic IMHO. For a multi application
scenario, I would recommend installing each application as a subtree
of the main site: http://myserver:8000/app1,
http://myserver:8000/app2, and so on. It is possible to build it in
such a way that you can update a part of the site without the need to
bring it down, just by reloading the module and rebinding the value
stored at the cpg.root.<mountpoint> variable.

--
Carlos Ribeiro
Consultoria em Projetos
mail: carribeiro at gmail.com