Clearing the screen

Ishwor ishwor.gurung at gmail.com
Sat Dec 25 21:41:34 EST 2004

On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 13:07:56 +1030, Ishwor <ishwor.gurung at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 25 Dec 2004 18:20:39 -0800, John Machin <sjmachin at lexicon.net> wrote:
> >
> > Ishwor wrote:
> >
> > > i was just tinkering with it actually. ;-)
> > > In your command prompt just do
> > > Pythonwin.exe /run "C:\Python24\file\PyFiles\clear.py"
> >
> > It's not a very good idea to store your own scripts in the PythonXY
> > directory -- other than tested working modules which you install in
> > PythonXY\lib\site-packages.
> > E.g. what will you do when Python 2.5 arrives?
> okay. ;-)
> First of all, the question Steve posted was "Anyone know if there is a
> similar option to PythonWin?  I looked around a bit, but couldn't find
> one..."
> Second of all, the script doesn't pollute Python*XY* directory because
> it doesn't live there ;-)
> I created the pythonwin.bat in C:\
> Inside the pythonwin.bat i added the following lines
> @echo off
> start C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\pythonwin\Pythonwin.exe /run
If you mean for the pythonwin.exe then remove the pythonwin package
from the computer and reinstall it for python25 ( ofcourse
pythonwin25.exe or something like that) ;-)
then update the batch script.

> "C:\Python24\file\PyFiles\clear.py" (sorry i put extra "" in earlier
> post. This is the right one)
> Thirdly when Python2.5 arrives, i just change the directory in the
> batch script. ;-)

I mean for my script (clear.py) in short do something like
C:\Python25\file\PyFiles\clear.py

--
cheers,
Ishwor Gurung