Python mascot proposal

Lenard Lindstrom len-1 at telus.net
Tue Dec 14 00:02:51 EST 2004

Steven Bethard <steven.bethard at gmail.com> writes:

> Lenard Lindstrom wrote:
> > Steven Bethard <steven.bethard at gmail.com> writes:

> >>Oooh, I like this one.  Very cool!
> >>
> > Its visually stunning. But under Windows gears show up in the DLL
> > and batch file icons.
>
> Is that a problem?  The fact that they show up in DLLs and batch files
> means they're not exclusive to a certain type of file...  And neither
> of these have pythons winding around them, I believe. ;)

The only reason I bring it up is there are Python Windows icons for .py, .pyw,
and .pyc files, but not .pyd extension modules. I make do by setting
.pyd files to use the same icon as other DLLs. But if an icon with a
snake and gear is made into the new Windows icon for Python it would
make me think of the .pyd file icon that should have been.

Lenard Lindstrom
<len-l at telus.net>