How to find unused methods

Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou tzot at sil-tec.gr
Wed Dec 22 08:59:15 EST 2004

On 22 Dec 2004 10:27:58 +0100, rumours say that Martin Drautzburg
<martin.drautzburg at web.de> might have written:

>Is there an elegant way for finding unsent methods as in Smalltalk ?
>
>I am aware of the fact that due to pythons dynamic typing, no tool in
>the world can find ALL unsent methods (same in Smalltalk). But finding
>the most obvious ones would already be of some help.

If you don't mind *running* your program, profile it.  Or wrap all your
methods in call counting ones.  I think you will find lots of recipes
how to automagically do the latter, especially in the decorator section
of your favourite site :)
--
TZOTZIOY, I speak England very best.