Python mascot proposal

Stephen Kellett snail at objmedia.demon.co.uk
Thu Dec 16 13:19:54 EST 2004

In message <mailman.7865.1103211869.5135.python-list at python.org>, EP
<EP at zomething.com> writes
>Well, the snake mascot as drawn is, of course, very flexible, appears
>to be friendly, and is, well, just how fast is a big snake, esp. a
>python?

I don't know about Pythons but there is a black snake in Africa (a black
mamba?) that when it stands up is taller than a man. This snake can out
"run" a man in straight line or over rough ground. I saw a TV program
where they'd attached a camera to its head. Absolutely incredible
watching this thing whizzing through the undergrowth in search of a
mate. Don't think all snakes are slow - they aren't.

BTW. The suggestions - I like them, for what little that is worth.

Stephen
--
Stephen Kellett
Object Media Limited    http://www.objmedia.demon.co.uk