BASIC vs Python

It's me itsme at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 18 12:11:31 EST 2004

"Jan Dries" <jan.dries at dcube-resource.be> wrote in message
news:mailman.8005.1103378800.5135.python-list at python.org...
> Michael Hoffman wrote:
> > Gregor Horvath wrote:
> >
> >  > Or make any given standard python object accessible from MS Excel in
2
> >  > minutes.
> >
> > from win32com.client import Dispatch
> >
> > xlApp = Dispatch("Excel.Application")
> > xlApp.Visible = 1
> > xlApp.Workbooks.Add()
> > xlApp.ActiveSheet.Cells(1,1).Value = 'Python Rules!'
> > xlApp.ActiveWorkbook.ActiveSheet.Cells(1,2).Value = 'Python Rules 2!'
> > xlApp.ActiveWorkbook.Close(SaveChanges=0)
> > xlApp.Quit()
> > del xlApp
> >
> > (stolen from <http://www.markcarter.me.uk/computing/python/excel.html>)
>
> Nice, but not really what the OP asked for.

What the OP asked for isn't what was discussed neither.

> You make Excel accessible
> from Python, instead of the other way round.

Again, that's a political issue - not technical nor language related.
Monopolictic empire has their way of doing things and as IT slaves, we have
to obey what the master BG wants us to do.

Anyway, here's another piece I find very nice:

http://starship.python.net/crew/pirx/spam7/COMtut.PPT