Unpacking Binary Data - not using struct module

Laurent Pointal laurent.pointal at limsi.fr
Thu Dec 16 09:27:52 EST 2004

Geoffrey wrote:

> My questions ...
> 1) Does anyone recognize this numeric format ?

Seem to be some decimal coded binary, where you only use hexa from 0 to
9, coding corresponding decimal digits.
The trailing hexa F may be used to indicate the end of the number (if
number can have variable length) as it is normally not used as a digit
in this coding.

> 3) I think that the trailing "f" is sometimes used to indicate the
> sign of the number and perhaps even the number of decimal places ...
> but am not sure.

Maybe... but have you an example of a negative number ?

A+

Laurent.