Lambda going out of fashion

tanghaibao at gmail.com tanghaibao at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 02:21:37 EST 2004

This is NOT true. Functional programming, AFAIKC, is a cool thing, and
in-fashion, increases productivity & readability, and an indispensable
thing for a flexible scripting lang. The inline/lambda function is
feature is shared by many lang. which I frequently use,
MATLAB/R/Python/etc. Well, you can say apply() is 'deprecated' now,
(which is another functional thing I like), but I am still using it. I
am not a desperate person who uses higher-order function factory a lot,
but if lambda keyword is removed, I swear I will not use the python
anymore.