xmlrpclib question

writeson writeson at charter.net
Tue Dec 21 08:35:43 EST 2004

Hi,
I tried the xmlrpclib examples from the Python Cookbook and had a
problem. The example works fine so long as the server and client are on
the same machine. But as soon as I try to run the client from another
machine (all linux machines on the same network) I get a socket.error
111, connection refused. I've tried some different things to get past
this, different ports, put machines in /etc/hosts, but to no avail.
Does anyone have any suggestions about what I'm doing wrong? Is there
something I have to enable external access to the server?
Thanks in advance,
Doug Farrell