IDLE question

Ishwor ishwor.gurung at gmail.com
Sun Dec 26 18:28:44 EST 2004

On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 13:02:01 +0100, Rolf Wester <rolf.wester at t-online.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to use IDLE as interactively as I can with Emacs. In Emacs
> I can send a marked region to the Python interpreter. Is there any way
> to do the same thing with IDLE?
Although i don't use anything much beside IDLE,  vim for coding, AFAIK
IDLE can't do that.
IDLE opens up python shell. Within that shell you type in your script
, commands and create objects as such......The interpreter will
execute your code then.
IDLE looks like this when you fire it up.

Python 2.4 (#60, Nov 30 2004, 11:49:19) [MSC v.1310 32 bit (Intel)] on win32

    Personal firewall software may warn about the connection IDLE
    makes to its subprocess using this computer's internal loopback
    interface.  This connection is not visible on any external
    interface and no data is sent to or received from the Internet.

IDLE 1.1
>>> # this is the Python shell.
>>>
>>> l = ['spam','eggs'] # you assign and create a list variable called l
>>> l # prints the content of l.
['spam', 'eggs']

[snip]

--