BASIC vs Python

Gregor Horvath g.horvath at gmx.at
Sat Dec 18 03:54:43 EST 2004

Andrew Dalke wrote:

> Huh?  I'm talking about my views of myself.  I said that
> BASIC was a programming language I could learn without access
> to anyone else, on a microcomputer circa 1982.  All I had was
> the book that came with the computer, and after a while a
> book on BASIC games.
>
> The machine I had was a TI 99/4A.  My Dad got it because the
> marketing said "it's a 16 bit processor which is the wave of
> the future; the other machine only have 8 bit processors."
> It came with BASIC.  LOGO was available, now that others reminded

Seems that we had the same career. :-)
I liked the TI 99/4A. Mine is still running, sometimes :-)

TI really made a good job in producing a educational machine.
It was simple, and you could make good results with little effort.
Same with python today.

And whow knows, without the TI, would I post here right now?

--
Greg