newbie questions

houbahop d.lapasset
Mon Dec 13 11:30:06 EST 2004

thanks, very usefull answer.

> Immutable types (e.g. strings, numbers, tuples) are generally returned
> directly from functions, rather than returned as 'output parameters'. The
> ability to return multiple values easily (via "return a, b, c" & "x, y, z
> = myfunc()" generally eliminates the need for 'by reference' output
> parameters as used by C, C++, Java and the like.
> P.S. If you *really*, *really*, *really* want to fake output parameters,
> just wrap them in a list:

 return multiple values is ok, I usualy use a function only to return one
value, for exemple : value=IsSomething(), returning true, to include that in
an if statement : if (isSomething(blabla) ) ... but It's not a problem to
change that habit. and as I have read somewhere about python : "Explicit is
better than implicit"

Dominique.

mailman.7597.1102940166.5135.python-list at python.org...