how to pass globals across modules (wxPython)

Martin Drautzburg martin.drautzburg at web.de
Sun Dec 19 16:52:32 EST 2004

My wxPython program starts execution in mainFrame.py like this
        [...]
        class MainApp(wxApp):
                def OnInit(self):
                        self.mainFrame = MainFrame(None)
                        self.mainFrame.Show()
                        self.SetTopWindow(self.mainFrame)
                        return True

        def main():
                global application
                application=MainApp(0)
                application.MainLoop()

        if __name__ == '__main__':
                main()

I need to access the "application" object from other modules, actually
the windows and frames that live therein and I don't know how to do
this.

I tried using "global", but that does not seem to help. In the other
module I run an "import mainFrame" and that seems to reset the global
variables.

Am I missing something obvious?