what would you like to see in a 2nd edition Nutshell?

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Wed Dec 29 17:10:56 EST 2004

RM wrote:

> Alex Martelli wrote:
>
>>I still
>>believe Tkinter coverage is going to help more readers.
>

> Alex,
>
> I know this can be a can of worms.  But honestly, I wonder what do you
> base that idea on.
>
> -Ruben

Tkinter is a part of the Python core, and so will be available to the
majority of beginners. Tkinter is also likely to be supported (by Tcl)
in Linux and other Unix-like environments, although with a slightly
lower level of ubiquity.

I suspect Alex is considering availability at least as strongly as the
technical merits of the packages.

And, when all is said and done, beginners shouldn't have to go download
stuff before beginning to noodle round with GUIs.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden               http://www.holdenweb.com/
Holden Web LLC      +1 703 861 4237  +1 800 494 3119