thread/queue bug

phil phillip.watts at anvilcom.com
Fri Dec 10 11:34:32 EST 2004

I have a very strange bug.  A thread in a .pyc stops dead.

This program has many threads and queues and has worked
great for months.
One thread listens for UDP messages from other programs,
and puts the messages in listenq.
Procmsgs gets from listenq and for a certain kind of
message creates another mq = Queue(0).

I don't wish to distribute the source to pnetx.py
so I have a short program pnet.py import it, that is
pnetx.pyc.

Then the procmsgs thread dies at the Queue statement.
But if I run pnetx.py as the main program, all works fine.

So if pnetx.py or .pyc is imported this thread dies. ???

I've tried this with 2.3.3 and 2.3.4.  Anyone?