The Industry choice

Sridhar R sridharinfinity at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 11:58:36 EST 2004

>From technical point of view, I could not understand the the reasoning
behind using Java in major companies.  Sure that Python, is used in
some, but still Java is considered as a sure-job language.

After being a python programmer for long time, I consider it painful to
learn/use Java now (well, like many I will be forced to do that in my
job).

What makes such companies to choose Java over dynamic, productive
languages like Python?  Are there any viable, technical reasons for
that?