Permission

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Thu Dec 16 21:10:35 EST 2004

-g00t©- wrote:
> I tried Python this weekend. I'm java coder and I was looking for handling
> names in os. I tried the os.raname('file.ext','nuFile.ext') and I got a
> Permission denied error. In the docs, it say that it should work only for
> UNIX, than it shouldn't work on XP (if I understood). I'm on XP, should I
> declare something to enable permission, or is it common error?

Always post the *actual* code you ran, and include the full
"traceback" that was printed when it failed.

If you don't, you're causing us to waste time guessing at
the possible answer, suggesting things that aren't relevant
to the particular problem you're having, and generally making
it hard for us to help you.

-Peter