Best GUI for small-scale accounting app?

Diez B. Roggisch deetsNOSPAM at web.de
Mon Dec 20 07:57:07 EST 2004

> I have narrowed the choice to wxPython/PythonCard and QT/PyQT
> (buying commercial licenses is not a big problem, the company
> would pay for it).
>
> Which is better for this kind of application? I mean, looking
> from purely technological and long-term development aspects
> and ignoring licensing issues:
>
> - QT seems to be industrial-strength, but.. it's probably
> more complex/difficult to use.
>
> - wxPython/PythonCard is probably simple to use, but..
> are there not some pitfalls that development will fall
> into once the app starts growing (they all do)?

If you can spend the money, I'd certainly go for qt. I just created a
mid-size gui app with it, and it simply rocks. The designer is really cool,
and the whole framework is thouroughly designed and works (so far) flawless
for me. Also the signal-slot mechanism makes implementation of a MVC
pattern pretty easy.

But I have to admit that I don't have larger expierience with wx. Try
googling this newsgroup, there have been plenty of discussions on this.

As you can qt for free on linux, you could try both and see what suits your
needs best.

--
Regards,

Diez B. Roggisch