Why would I use inspect.isclass()?

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Thu Dec 30 08:37:38 EST 2004

it's me wrote:

> Okay, Nick, I didn't know you can pass a "Class" rather then an instance.  I
> have to chew on what your example does.
>
> But no, I want to pass an instance of a Class.  But how do I know that the
> calling routine *did* pass me a class - pardon me: an instance of a Class?

You should Google for "duck typing" and stop worrying so much about what
your functions//methods have been passed.

At least, that's the traditional Python approach. I suspect you are
still trying to program in C in Python :-)

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden               http://www.holdenweb.com/
Holden Web LLC      +1 703 861 4237  +1 800 494 3119